Have you ever thought of making a video biography of your loved one before? Here are some tips on how to create your very own video biography:
o Camcorder with tripod and blank tape or disc
o Movie Software
o DVD Burner
Steps to Make Your Video Biography
1. Start out by forming a list of questions you’d like your loved one to talk about. Have her read it beforehand if she’s nervous, or keep it till the last minute to get honest, uncanned answers. It’s up to you.
2. Set up your camcorder on your tripod. Have only your subject in the frame. Keep her eyes in the first top third of the frame filling up a good portion of the screen with her face only. Start recording in SP mode. If you have a camcorder with a microphone jack use a lapel mic for better sound quality.
3. Sit opposite of each other and begin by having her state her full name and birth date. Start asking her your list of questions and having her answer them on tape. Try to keep your comments and laughter to a minimum as you will want only her voice to be heard.
4. Download your video tape or disc to your computer movie software. Open your movie software and edit your movie the way you want it.
5. Burn your finished video biography to a DVD and share with friends and family.
Voila! You have yourself a video biography.